Philosophy and Beliefs
Driver #1: Our clients require a reliable source of invested funds for their current or future spending goals and needs.
- Risk is unavoidable. Risk must be understood and managed through constructing an optimally diversified portfolio.
- Asset classes and narrowly classified manager strategies commonly go through periods of boom and bust. Yesterday's winners could be tomorrow's losers and vice-versa.
- Distinguishing between good fortune and expertise demands an understanding of the various markets and a disciplined approach to investing.
Driver #2: Our clients want their invested funds to keep pace with inflation.
- Equities generate superior long-term returns.
- Empirical studies show that, over the long run, equities provide the best opportunities for growth beyond the impact of inflation.
Driver #3: Within reasonable bounds of risk, our clients desire an opportunity to see their invested funds grow beyond their expected spending goals and needs plus inflation.
- Time and effort exerted in the investment selection process should be allocated to focus where the pay-off is greatest.
- Some investment types benefit significantly more as a result of manager skill than others.
- External active managers should only be hired for investment types where manager skill adds the most value; and, index funds (ETF's) should be utilized where skill adds less value.
Significant additional information about our services is available to you via the OUR PROCESS page on this site.
You have the right to receive a copy of Part II of Form ADV filed by ELF Capital Management, L.L.C. with the Commonwealth of Virginia prior to signing an Investment Advisory Agreement. In compliance with investment regulations, ELF Capital Management, L.L.C. will not transact business in any state unless first registered there or qualified for an exemption or exclusion from registration in that state.