Part-Time CFO Services
Need someone to manage your finances and administration? Hire a part-time CFO! We provide expert management to keep your business running smoothly, so you can focus ON your business and not IN your business.
Your business is growing. You’ve graduated from hiring a bookkeeper and hired a qualified Controller and still outsource your tax work to a CPA, but you need more. Your business is not at the point where you can afford a full time CFO but really could use that kind of help. Maybe you should consider hiring a part-time CFO!
CFO's are like doctors. They find the trouble spots and help you to fix them before they become worse. They can help you to keep your business healthy, so you can focus on what matters most...the reason why you went into business in the first place...to achieve your dreams.
Here are just some of the reasons companies hire part-time CFO resources:
- To Improve Profits. CFO plays an important role in establishing policies and procedures to enhance profitability by maximizing current operational efficiency and utilizing forecasting to set standards for future operations.
- To add a management partner to your team. Someone you can bounce ideas off of – someone to provide an objective sounding board for senior management in the decision making process – provides business counsel and insightful analysis. Emotional support – client quote “I get excited because I have someone like you helping me”.
- To provide an independent third party perspective –independent review – fresh perspective – will tell you like it is. Even if you have a controller or CPA, we offer a "second look" program to give you unbiased third party perspective that includes recommendations of opportunities for profit improvement.
- Strategic focus. Allows you to move beyond a compliance and tax accounting perspective to focus on strategic management to your business objectives.
- Communicate with multiple stakeholders clearly – board of directors, bankers or investors, CFO is one person who really understands the numbers, and explains them to your audience in terms any layman can understand.
- Restructure. A CFO will help you identify ways to restructure existing loans, agreements with suppliers, or distribution partners to save money.
- Reduce Costs. Your CFO is skilled at finding areas where you can save money with the least impact to your business. Also, part-time as-needed is much less expensive than a full time financial staff resource.
- It pays for itself. The cost savings and profit improvements can more than make up for the fees.
- Fix faster. While you may be able to fix any problem yourself – engaging a CFO Service speeds that time up for you and allows you to focus on other things.
How a CFO is Different from a Controller?
- A CFO is responsible for ALL financial results of a company. In contrast, a controller is responsible for the accounting compliance and generating financial statements.
- A controller reports the numbers; but a CFO drives the numbers!
During the first half of every year, our time is consumed with the tax preparation business and client profitability challenges and issues often surface with that process. However, in the second half of the year, we work with those clients to help resolve those challenges and get them back on their way to greater profits!
Call us to see if we can help you too!